Alternative gifts weren’t something I gave much thought to, I originally discarded the idea and thought a Dove Gift Set paired with some socks (yes I am guilty of the sock gift too) would suffice, as I’m getting older I am starting to see how worthwhile some of the alternative options are and how affordable a lot of them are with a lot of them coming do the same amount as the average gift price. To continue my 25 gift ideas for Christmas today I am sharing my top 5 alternative gift ideas that I wouldn’t mind receiving myself (all excluding the magazine subscription!) or giving as a gift.
- Virgin Experience Days (£-£££) – I probably would reserve this sort of gift to someone super close to me such as my boyfriend or best friend, they are great value for money and the best part is that once you have the voucher you have a really generous period of time that you can use it within. They have everything from spa days to hotel stays, sports experiences and driving experiences.
- Gift cards (£-£££) – These are great if you are not sure on what the person would like, personally I don’t line giving them purely because the receiver can see how much you have loaded the card with and this may leave them feeling like they overspent or underspent on their present to you. Now I know that this is the spirit of giving but I feel like it is human nature to feel like this even if you don’t dwell on it.
- Donation Gifts (£-££) – I think donation gifts such as Oxfam Unwrapped gifts are amazing alternative gifts to that pair of socks that aren’t really your colour or lipstick that just isn’t your shade. I actually got given a Donkey gifted to an African family as a child and I still remember it now. Definitely check it out and consider it as you will be bringing joy to more than just one person with this gift.
- Gift hampers (£-£££) – This is a fun idea if you like to buy lots of little things and them put them in a gift boxed stuffed with shredded tissue paper as the excitement continues until you reach the bottom of the box. My aunt did this for me a couple of years ago and I loved it.
- Gifts that Keep on Giving (£-£££) – By this I mean a subscription to their favourite magazine or food delivery service, there are some really good deals out there and you can really make your present last throughout the year on something that they will actually use.
Let me know in the comments below what you think of alternative gift ideas and if you would be happy to receive them!
Love and (high)light✌
Facebook: Macquillage with Leilani
Snapchat and Twitter: MissLCAK