So since I did the July Beauty Challenge I got nominated for a lot of awards, this one however I didn’t realise I got nominated for until I Googled myself (which fyi I do it regularly). This Liebster Award comes from the lovely Beauty Bag Secrets – thank you so much for the nomination, I loved reading your response 😊
• Post 11 facts about yourself
• Answer the 11 questions your nominator has asked you
• Nominate 11 other bloggers
• Ask them 11 other questions
• Let them know that you’ve nominated them
Don’t forget to add the links for the blogger who nominated you and the bloggers you are nominating at the end of the post!
11 interesting facts about me
1. My name is Hawaiian for “Heavenly Flower”.
2. My fingers are double jointed but not my thumbs
3. I blog entirely from my phone.
4. I can say ‘microwave’ in Welsh.
5. I’ve been liked by HudaBeauty three times 😊
6. I’m really in to notebooks and stationery.
7. I’ve seen every episode of Friends almost 30 times and I still never get sick of them.
8. I work in clinical coding which is basically translating the information in a medical record for many purposes.
9. I used to keep pigeons.
10. I don’t use makeup removal wipes, I use baby wipes instead they’re so much gentler.
11. I don’t like Coriander it tastes bitter.
Here are the 11 Questions I was asked:
Which beauty product can you not live without
I could not live without my Carmex lip balm tube, it’s such a basic thing but chapped cracked lips are the worst.
What is your favourite beauty brand
This one is a no brainer, Urban Decay is my ultimate favourite beauty brand I just love their cosmetics and ethos I don’t think I will ever be able to post enough about them. My second favourite brand is Huda Beauty because she has an amazing back story and built her empire from scratch.
How often do you post a new blog post
I try to post a new blog twice a week every Wednesday and Sunday (a little something to hopefully beat your Sunday night blues!) although now I am really starting to look at posting three times a week.
One piece of blogging advice you think everyone should know
It takes patience, if you’re a massive success straight away that’s great but if you’re not and you’re looking for that then you will be disappointed when it doesn’t happen instantly because it takes time to build and grow your blog.
Three post suggestions for anyone who gets writers block
If you’re stuck in a rut post about something different than your blog just as a one off, look at other peoples blogs for inspiration and if all else fails post the contents of your handbag.
If there was one place you could travel too where would you go and why
I would love to visit the pyramids just to admire the history of many many lives before my time.
What is the last thing you bought
My Urban Decay Naked Heat Palette is the last thing that I have bought.
What is the strangest food you have ever eaten
I have eaten Buffalo meat, it was nice but weird like a very beef but sweet.
What is at the top of your bucket list
On the top of my bucket list is to visit Tibet and the Potala Palaces, they are a huge goal of mine to see in my lifetime. I have always wanted to go there since I was little, my dogs originate from Tibet and also it was heavily featured in Tomb Raider.
Heels or flats
Flats usually but I like heels to complete an outfit.
Why did you start blogging
I was itching to start a blog for ages and it just took a comment from my colleague at the time to enforce the spark that I was pondering on for the longest time. I wanted to share my passion with the world and while I expect not to be the next Fleur De Force I would be so happy to make someone’s day just by reading my ramblings.
Here are my 11 nominees, please join me in supporting these unique and wonderful bloggers:
- ABBY UPPINGTON
- LYNDI LOCKE
- MAKEUP AND BEYOND
- JESSICA JADE BEAUTY
- FOREVER SIOBHAN
- HIGH STREET BEAUTY
Here are my 11 questions:
- Why did you start blogging?
- What is the post you’re most proud of?
- What gives you solace during stressful times?
- One piece of makeup that left you disappointed?
- Favourite colour?
- What would be your dream pet?
- Favourite season?
- One item of clothing you would carry through the years?
- Ketchup next to your chips or on your chips?
- What would you do if you won the Lottery?
- One thing you would like to see happen with your blog?
Let me know in the comments below if you would like to be nominated for the next award I’ll be posting ⬇️
Love and (high)light
Facebook: Macquillage with Leilani
Snapchat and Twitter: MissLCAK