Posted at 8:00 pm , on December 10, 2017
What a whirlwind this past weekend has been, I was so busy that I didn’t manage to promote days 8 and 9 as much as I would have liked to but I suppose that is the nature of December and scheduled posts can only do so much for you.
Day 10 is probably my favourite post from the whole blogmas series that I am doing as it is a Christmas Tag which gets everyone else involved rather than just reading then commenting (which is still great, please don’t stop!). I’m going to make it really simple with a handful of rules and 12 questions as there are meant to be 12 days of Christmas so lets start! Continue reading
Posted at 12:00 pm , on December 9, 2017
Hello lovelies! So yesterday I shared my go to Christmas Day makeup and today I am going to share with you my party makeup. I love putting on event makeup, surprisingly enough it doesn’t take me that long about 40-50 minutes with the longest part being my darn lashes.
Here is a list of products that I use to achieve this look:
- CONCEALER: Maybelline Age Rewind Eye Concealer in Brightener (I use this under my eyes and on my nose)
- FOUNDATIONS: L’Oreal True Match liquid foundation in 2.N. On top of this The Ordinary Coverage Foundation in 1.1.
- SETTING POWDER: L’Oreal True Match Powder in Rose Ivory (I think – the name is coming off).
- HIGHLIGHT: Benefit High Beam and Makeup Revolution Vivid Lights Baked Highlighter in Vivid Light.
- BLUSH: The bottom left blush shade on the Collection #BlushAndGlow palette.
- BRONZER: Urban Decay Beached Bronzer in Bronzed.
- EYES: I usually switch between the Urban Decay Naked Palette and recently Naked Heat. My transition colours are from the Urban Decay Naked Ultimate Basics Palette.
- EYELINER: Collection Extreme 24hr Felt Tip Liner in black. Avon Glimmerstick in Blackest Black for my waterlines.
- MASCARA: L’Oreal Lash Paradise in Black
- FALSE LASHES: Ardell Demi Wispies (I apply these under my own eyelashes for a more natural look).
- SETTING SPRAY: Maybelline SuperStay 24hr setting spray.
- To apply my makeup I used a mix of Nire brushes and brushes that came with my makeup.
I like my makeup to be full on but neutral in the sense that it will go with any outfit and still look good several hours later and I’ve stopped caring about how I am looking by then.
I love these photos, they were taken at BeautyCon London and I can’t wait to share that post with you soon.
Let me know in the comments below what your staples are for event/party makeup also let me know if you like me listing out my makeup like this!
Love and (high)light✌
Facebook: Macquillage with Leilani
Snapchat and Twitter: MissLCAK
Posted at 12:00 pm , on December 8, 2017
Christmas makeup for me is something that has to be glam but calm, you’re eating and drinking all day so the last thing you want on your mind is touch ups.
Posted at 12:00 pm , on December 7, 2017
One of the reasons why I love Christmas apart from the main day itself it being at work, yes you read that right I love being at work for Christmas. I have been very fortunate in my job including previous roles to celebrate the festivities within the department in such a fun way. In my first job, we played a version of secret Santa where we didn’t pull a name from a hat, instead we would be challenged with buying something for £1 then wrapping it up and place it in Santas sack with a random number. Individuals would then get the chance to pull a random number and pull the corresponding numbered present from the sack, one person got Toothpaste and another got an actual £1 coin. It was good fun and brought the departments together. Continue reading
Posted at 12:00 pm , on December 6, 2017
So we are almost one week in to Blogmas already and if I am being honest, I feel a little bored and uninspired already. Maybe it is the come down from doing 5 straight days of gift ideas or the fact this seems to be dragging and less inspired than the 12 Days of Christmas that I did last year. But it is what it is, I have to commit to this now and at least at the end I can say that I did it then assess whether it was worth it or not. Continue reading
Posted at 12:00 pm , on December 5, 2017
Happy Tuesday and welcome to my final installment of gift ideas at different price ranges! Today I’m focusing on £20 and under.. Continue reading
Posted at 12:00 pm , on December 4, 2017
Happy Monday Cheeleaders we have reached the penultimate stage in my 25 Gift Idea posts so today and tomorrow I’m focusing on the presents for the special people in your life as the previous 3 I think would probably be best for a Secret Santa.. Continue reading
Posted at 12:00 pm , on December 3, 2017
Day 3 of Blogmas and I am sharing with you my top 5 picks of presents that are under £10, now all of these presents I am so tempted to buy for myself because they are such great deals but I have to have some self control, Christmas is a time of giving presents to
myself others and my bank balance will thank me later…
Posted at 12:00 pm , on December 2, 2017
Alternative gifts weren’t something I gave much thought to, I originally discarded the idea and thought a Dove Gift Set paired with some socks (yes I am guilty of the sock gift too) would suffice, as I’m getting older I am starting to see how worthwhile some of the alternative options are and how affordable a lot of them are with a lot of them coming do the same amount as the average gift price. Continue reading